Streetwalk: Marriage of Convenience
The Spunkflakes will be marking the momentous occasion of young William & Katherine’s nuptials by hosting their very own Marriage of Convenience streetwalk for Messrs. David William Donald Cameron & Nicholas William Peter Clegg, along the processional route of the Royal Wedding. This inglorious union of two gentlemen will be officiated in protest by The Witchfinder General, Baroness Margaret Hilda Thatcher. We cordially invite all friends, family and well-wishers to join us at from 10:00 a.m. on Friday 29th April 2011 at The Statue of King George IV Terrace, Carlton Gardens, London SW1, midway down The Mall opposite St James’s Park.
The Spunkflakes Street Walking at the March for the Alternative.
Send a Personalised Invitation
You can send a personalised invite to all your friends and family for Dave & Nick’s Marriage of Convenience ceremony or Will & Kate’s Royal Wedding celebrations using our Popcard email system. Just fill in the name and email address of someone special you want to share this romantic occasion with, and a special invitation will wing it’s way to their inbox, asking them to join us.
Proceedings of our Day
Guests can arrive from above, via Pall Mall to Carlton House Terrace, or below, via The Mall and St James’s Park.
- 10:30 a.m. – Nuptial Service for Dave & Nick with throwing of the bouquet. Meet at King George IV Statue, Carlton Gardens, London, SW1.
- 10:45 a.m. – Join the celebration as Catherine Elizabeth Middleton processes up The Mall towards her wedding to the Prince at Westminster Abbey.
- 11:15 a.m. – Messrs. Cameron & Clegg celebrate their union with a walk past the Public Conveniences and The Blue Bridge, St. James’s Park, SW1.
- 11:45 a.m. – A promenade on and about Parliament Square, SW1, police barricades allowing, celebrating the union of two former foes.
- 12:10 p.m. – Bowing towards the Royal Wedding carriage as Prince William & Princess Katherine head to Buckingham Palace.
- 1:00 p.m. — Our newly-wed couple Dave & Nick saunter up Whitehall with Maggie to a favourite school-day haunt, Halfway to Heaven, WC2.
Guests are requested to help us celebrate by arriving with bubbles or biodegradable confetti.
Street Walk Route Map
We’ve produced a special route map and guide to the day giving you all the information you need to join in the celebrations.
- Download the Spunkflakes Marriage of Convenience map (PDF, 6.5mb).
- Download the Spunkflakes Marriage of Convenience map (PDF, 350kb).
- City of Westminster Parks guide and map to George IV Statue website.
- Visit the Official Royal Wedding route interactive map website.
- Download the Official Royal Wedding route map (PDF, 2.5mb).
Gifts for Marriage Equality
People wishing to buy a wedding present are instead requested to give instead of your cash or time to a charity in support of Marriage Equality. We recommend Equal=Love, the legal bid to overturn the twin bans on same-sex civil marriages and opposite-sex civil partnerships in the United Kingdom. Also support the human rights agenda with Stonewall and London Friend.